ADP presidential candidate picks Pastor Udo as running mate
NNN: Mr Yabagi Sani, Presidential Candidate of the Action Democratic Party (ADP), has picked Pastor Okey Udo, as his running mate for the 2023 general elections. Sani, also National chairman, ADP said this at a ceremony on Thursday in Abuja.
“We are here to witness the performance of a ceremony highlighting the ADP’s fulfilment of a constitutional requirement which makes it mandatory for presidential and governorship candidates to be paired with running mates.
“From among the many eminently qualified members of the party, Pastor Okey Udo was unanimously chosen by all in the selection panel in recognition of his outstanding qualities.
“His track record of dedicated and selfless commitment to the party over the years and with the comportment and dispositions of someone who lives true to his calling as a Cleric. “Pastor Okey Udo, also as the National Treasurer of the party, has the uncommon traits of prudence, probity, and honesty in the management of the finances and other assets in his custody,” he said.
Sani added:“ Especially in a climate where brazen corruption and mindlessness looting of the nation’s treasury have become endemic. “Nigerians of his discipline and integrity have become rare and precious commodity to be treasured, encouraged, and elevated to positions of leadership.”
Speaking, Udo expressed joy at the development. “I am profoundly thankful to the good Lord for finding me fit and suitable to be bestowed with the privilege and honour to serve as the Vice Presidential candidate of our great party in the nation’s 2023 general elections.
“For recognizing and singling me out of the multitude of options available, I thank very immensely our indefatigable, visionary, dynamic, and motivational leader, the National Chairman, and the Presidential standard-bearer of our party.
“I have come a long way, working under your able leadership in our chosen project of building a credible political vanguard based on the genuine foundation of democracy, national integration, unity, peace, security, stability, and prosperity of our beloved country.
“And having worked at close range with you for as long as all these years, I promise to deliver on my mandate as Vice President when elected,” he said.
He thanked the party National Working Committee and the National Executive Committee for the love and confidence shown by unanimously supporting his selection as the presidential running mate.
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family