By monday Ijeh
The acting IG said it was aware of Nigerians’ aspirations for a police system that would not only ensure their safety, but also control them with courtesy.
He said his administration will provide the highest level of professional and responsible leadership in the Nigerian police to meet the aspirations and aspirations of Nigerians.
Baba therefore urged the citizens to change their mindset and be prepared to work with force in the interest of community security and national security.
He said his appointment as an interim IG was a call to national duty, especially at a critical time when Nigeria faced growing complex and pervasive security threats.
The acting IG said the threats were caused by terrorism, banditry, secessionist agitation kidnappings and other highly organized crimes.
According to him, while the challenge of leading the force to deal with these threats may seem daunting, I am inspired by the courageous and patriotic officers of the force.
He said he was confident that the officers would help advance the federal government’s homeland security agenda to restore security and put the country back on the path of unity and development.
“I am inspired by the fact that, given my long years of service, I can say with confidence that the Nigerian Police Force is staffed with some of the best, courageous and patriotic officers.
“I am also encouraged that the outgoing IG has laid a solid foundation and anchored a culture of professionalism and efficiency within the force.
“This will stimulate me, as IG, to strengthen our strategies and provide the necessary leadership that will change the discourse on our operational approach to current security threats.
“As Adamu leaves the force, I invite you all to join me in celebrating one of the greatest police icons of our time.
“I want you to express our immense appreciation for his commendable contributions to the Nigerian police,” he said. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yFX
- Police arrest suspected murderer of 29-year-old man in Ebonyi
- Kebbi to 10,000 loan seekers AGMIES – Official
- Chief Justice Delta inaugurates Abraka’s Judicial Division
- PSDC provides motorized water bodies to remote communities in Kebbi
- NPA appoints 4 CEOs, 8 AGMs – Official
- Gunmen kill Amotekun’s body in Oyo
- NGX indices increase by 0.29% on GTBank and Lafarge Africa rally
- Senate holds minute’s silence for Bode Olowoporoku
- We did our best to save Nigeria from insecurity – Ex CDS, Olonisakin