Acquitted US protest shooter to launch video game
NNN: An American teenager acquitted in court after killing people amid riots over police mistreatment of African-Americans unveiled a video game focused on shooting targets representing journalists on Thursday.
Kyle Rittenhouse has said in online posts that money raised from game sales will be used to sue “left-wing media organizations” for defamation over their coverage of his 2020 case.
He did not specify which media outlets he intended to sue, nor was it clear when the game would be available.
“It’s time to fight back against the fake news machine,” Rittenhouse said in a video posted on Twitter.
“That’s why I’m launching the Kyle Rittenhouse turkey shooter video game with fake news.”
A trailer for the game, priced at $10, shows a cartoon version of Rittenhouse shooting, arcade-style, the turkey characters labeled “fake news” from behind cover.
Rittenhouse was acquitted late last year by a jury in the August 2020 shootings in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Rittenhouse, 17 at the time, shot two white men to death and wounded another with his AR-15 semi-automatic rifle during riots that followed anti-police protests in Kenosha.
With Rittenhouse charged with manslaughter, the jury accepted his argument that he was defending himself against the three men’s attack.
Rittenhouse said he had traveled to Kenosha from neighboring Illinois to help protect private property from damage in riots that erupted after Kenosha police shot and paralyzed a black man, Jacob Blake.
Prior to the incident, on his Facebook page, Rittenhouse had endorsed a “Blue Lives Matter” campaign to support the police. This came in response to strong criticism of law enforcement over the murders of black suspects, particularly the May 2020 killing of George Floyd in Minnesota.
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs