By Abiodun Lawal
No fewer than six persons were confirmed dead in a Tuesday morning accident involving three vehicles on Sagamu-Benin expressway.
He said that the accident occurred at 12:01 am and was caused by wrong overtaking, excessive speed and loss of control on the part of the driver of the luxury bus.
According to him, 39 people were involved in the accident, comprising 25 male and 14 female, out of which five men and one woman died.
“The luxurious bus hit the incoming Sienna car and the Mazda bus.
“The driver immediately ran away because all the occupants of the Sienna vehicle lost their lives while those in the Mazda bus sustained injuries,” he explained.
The sector commander said that the deceased had been deposited at the mogue of General Hospital Ijebu Ode while the four persons injured were being treated in the hospital.
He described the crash as avoidable and advised motorists to guard against excessive speeding and dangerous driving, and always obey traffic rules and regulations.
Umar commiserated with families of the victims and enjoined them to contact the FRSC command in Ogbere for details of the crash and to reclaim properties of the victims recovered from the crash scene. (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3zqz
- The Qhubeka ASSOS team faces the Challenge Mallorca
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (May 11, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Daily update on the status of COVID-19 statistics in Zambia (May 11, 2021)
- Eid-el-Fitr: NSCDC deploys 700 personnel in C/River
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 11, 2021)
- NEITI, EFCC, others set to enforce transparency in extractive industry
- FIFA and Qatar invite MAs to discuss human rights with international experts ahead of FIFA World Cup
- Pozzovivo tests his legs after Campenaerts’ breakaway in the 4th stage of the Giro d’Italia
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (May 11, 2021)