Abdullahi Abbas, Governor Abdullahi Ganduje-backed president of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Kano state, refuted claims by a faction led by former Governor Ibrahim Shekarau that they had been recognized by the national party headquarters.
In a conversation with DAILY NIGERIAN, Mr Abbas said that the party’s faction chairman Ahmadu Haruna Zago’s claims of legitimacy were only intended to confuse the party.
“Well, that’s the way politics is played. You can’t separate politics from these agitators,” Abbas said.
He noted that the APC national headquarters only deals with the Ganduje-led APC in the state, and he sent a 7-man congressional committee which was vetted by police and other agents of security.
“APC’s national headquarters sent a seven-man team led by lawyer Auwalu Abdullahi to lead the congress. And that is what they did without any problem or crisis resulting from it, ”he said.
Mr Abbas also said officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, oversaw their election as required by law, while Mr Danzago’s parallel congress was not overseen by INEC.
On the alleged non-payment of tax, he said he included his recent tax clearance certificate in the form he submitted to the party secretariat.
“It’s even laughable to say that I didn’t include a tax certificate in my form. We have ensured that all the requirements of the law are met, ”he said.
Regarding the allegations of non-resignation, Mr Abbas said he resigned 34 days before the elections. “Although as interim president, I don’t even need to resign, but in order to fill any legal loopholes, I resigned on September 12, 2021, which is 34 days before convention. -your ? “
The letter of resignation and the tax certificate of Mr. Abbas seen by DAILY NIGERIAN give credence to his statements.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3D6q
- ITFC signs a 40 million euro agreement with SONACOS to finance the 2021/22 peanut season in Senegal
- We are not enemies of state, but partners in progress: Civil Society Organisations
- Beni: MONUSCO builds new camp for FARDC in Kididiwe
- USAID provides additional humanitarian assistance to the people of the Central African Republic
- Operational update on Ethiopia: responding to growing humanitarian needs amid increasingly difficult security conditions
- Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) and US Department of State Return Stolen Artifacts to Mali
- Cellulant to Power Payments for ImaliPay’s Drive for Gig Workers’ Financial Inclusion
- Liquid Intelligent Technologies Celebrates B-BBEE Level 1 Achievement
- Nigeria launches improved ePassport in the UK
- Health center burned amid wave of violence in Foube
- The Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs meets with the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of The Gambia
- Nigeria halts oil operation in Bayelsa
- WFP Briefing Note at the Palais de Geneva: Humanitarian Operations in Northern Ethiopia
- Real Estate experts task FG on policies to curb capital flight
- Tambuwal: Nigeria must embrace restructuring to survive