AMSTERDAM, The Netherlands, October 28, 2021 / APO Group / –
The UK South Africa Tech Hub of the British High Commission, and its partners VC4A (www.VC4A.com) and the Africa Business Angels Network (ABAN), came together to develop the AESIS learning track at the Investors Summit leading Africa 2021 to come. November 4 and 5.
The Learning Track is a series of masterclasses aimed at investors “for investors, by investors”. It is anchored by industry thought leaders such as Khaled Ismail of HIM Angel, Ope Reju Sule of the AIM team at the London Stock Exchange, Idris Ayodeji Bello of Lofty Inc and Eghosa Omoigui of Echo VC. These masterclasses reserved for investors will take place on November 4 and 5, from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. GMT + 1 and will cover the following topics – Preparation of start-up investments for Series A, Preparation for exit and IPO, Investing with success as Angel, and Succeed in VC as an Africa-focused GP. The UK South Africa Tech Hub is sponsoring this event, allowing donors to attend AESIS for free, thus facilitating increased investment for African entrepreneurs, including from South Africa where the UK-South Africa Tech Hub is located. specifically focuses.
Ben White, Founder and CEO of VC4A adds, “ Historically, there has been a lack of Africa-focused General Partners, people who really understand investing in the African continent. Now we have this community and it is growing fast! The Learning Track brings together these investors to share best practices and learnings. The closed-door sessions are part of a unique opportunity to connect top investors from across the continent. The partnership with the UK South Africa Tech Hub from the UK allows these important sessions to be incorporated into this year’s event. ”
British High Commissioner to South Africa Antony Phillipson said: “The UK-South Africa Tech Hub aims to boost South Africa’s digital economy, create high digital skills and jobs range and forge innovation partnerships.We are delighted to support this year’s Learning Track at the Africa Early Stage Investment Summit to improve funding for African entrepreneurs, including from South Africa or the UK-South. Africa Tech Hub is specifically focused, and contributing to job creation and economic growth in the region. ‘
Register to attend # AESIS2021
Register now at www.AfricaInvestorSummit.com and reserve your place for the Learning Track and many other exciting opportunities to meet and learn from other investors. This includes in-person investor meetings and GP / LP office hours that take place on November 3rd. Discover new investment opportunities in the VC4A Venture Showcase and we have a busy schedule of speeches, investor panels and fireside discussions.
Speakers for # AESIS2021 include over 60 industry giants: Rebecca Enonchong, Aly El-Shakany, Tomi Davies, Iyin Aboyeji, David S Rose, Hannah Subayi Kamuanga, Dina el-Shenoufy, Ben White, Kola Aina and Tidjane Deme , among others.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3DxV
- Complement your education with skills acquisition, NYSC boss charges corps members
- CEMAC Ministers Endorse African Energy Week 2022
- UNICEF and Liquid Intelligent Technologies launch a partnership to help Giga bridge the digital divide in Africa
- Nigeria, Chad to partner on power interconnection –Minister
- Prof. Florence Obi: Celebrating 1 year of an Icon in office
- Minister decries lack of improved cocoa seedlings
- IMF Management Completes First Review of the Staff-Monitored Program with Guinea Bissau
- A child was infected with HIV every two minutes in 2020 – UNICEF
- EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu invites youths for Peace Walk
- 257 projects amounting to over N20b duplicated in 2021 budget- ICPC boss
- No nation can develop without respect for rule of law —- AfDB president
- MTN offers 575m shares at N169 per share
- Police rescue 3 kidnapped persons, recover 3 AK-47 rifles in Zamfara
- ISWAP terrorists flee as Super Tucanos ‘hover’ around Buni Yadi
- Gov. Fintiri dissolves management board of Adamawa United FC