By Olatunde Ajayi
The operator’s move is the first by any Nigerian telecommunication company after the ban on activation of new SIM cards was lifted by the Federal Government last week.
In a statement on Thursday, Mr Stjepan Udovicic, Chief Commercial Officer, 9mobile, said that restarting the activation of SIM cards was because it remained committed to the welfare of customers.
“At 9mobile, our customers’ interest remains our priority. We know several people were affected when the ban was announced and they had been looking forward to its lifting.
“So, we deemed it expedient to start immediately for our customers’ sakes,” he said.
He added that 9mobile had been prepared for the recommencement of SIM cards activation and that customers only needed to visit its Experience Centre to do so.
He noted that SIM registration and activation services could also be accessed in 9mobile Experience Centres on the link https://9mobile.com.ng/nin
“As it stands now, we are the first telecommunication company to restart activating SIM cards in our Experience Centres, and that attests to our preparedness.
“Customers only need to walk into our stores and we will activate their SIM cards.
“Quality and efficiency are the gold standards of our operation, hence our decision,” he said.
He maintained that the company continued to transform lives with its consistent innovation, rolling out solutions that enabled Nigerians to achieve their full potential since entering the Nigerian market.
“9mobile recently enabled its customers to register effortlessly, physically and free of charge for their National Identification Numbers (NIN) and link them to their SIMs in its Experience Centres,” he said.
The News Agency of Nigeria(NAN) recalls that the Federal Government, through the Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy, had banned SIM cards’ activation in December 2020. (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3zjP
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 daily update (May 11, 2021)
- Coronavirus – South Africa: COVID-19 Statistics in South Africa (May 11, 2021)
- Netflix acquires Mekwunye’s film “One Lagos Night”
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (May 11, 2021)
- UK seeks tariff exemption on solar equipment
- The newest TECNO CAMON 17 Pro has raised the bar for selfie smartphones, allowing users to express themselves creatively in their own way
- “About a Boy” the winner of the Nollywoodweek Film Festival 2021
- Energy Capital & Power Confirms High Level Sponsors for South Sudan Oil & Power 2021 Event
- APC Edo felicitates with Muslims on Eid-el Fitri