By Kemi Akintokun
Association secretary Kehinde Laniyan told (NAN) in Lagos that the championships will be held April 20-25 at Ibereko Barracks in Badagry.
According to him, the teams are made up of six U-12s and three U-15s.
The others are: Oluyole Plate Burners U-12 and U-15 teams, Adekalu Bulls U-12 and U-15 teams and Badagry Angels U-12 and U-15 teams.
“The event will feature nine teams and help hone the skills of budding talent in the game.
“We are happy to be back in competition and this is one of our main development programs for young players to grow and progress in the sport.
“Accommodation and food will be provided to all registered clubs and only players, who are 12 and 15 in April 2021 will be eligible to participate, while those who do not fit into these categories will be disqualified,” he said. he declared.
Laniyan added that the NBSA will have Obiakpan John as the chief referee for the championship.
“The Championship’s chief referee has over 20 years of experience in the game and has refereed high-level matches in the country.
“He is known for his passion for the sport and he works selflessly for the development of the sport through impartial refereeing,” he said.
Laniyan said adequate measures have been put in place to ensure that all COVID-19 guidelines are strictly followed during the competition.
NAN reports that NBSA is a recognized organization under the World Baseball Softball Confederation, the African Baseball and Softball Association, the Little League International and the Nigerian Olympic Committee. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yJU
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel