By Ige Adekunle
Vice-Chancellor Professor Jeremiah Ojediran said during the institution’s 12th convocation on Saturday that they were among 1,026 students graduating from the session.
Four hundred and fifty others obtained higher second-class degrees; 336 with lower second class degrees, 58 with postgraduate degrees, while 101 postgraduate degrees.
He said the university had applied a strong online learning platform for students during the COVID-19 pandemic, which helped the institution complete the 2019/2020 academic session.
“The university is working tirelessly on notable research and improving its facilities and infrastructure to become a world-class institution.
“In addition, the management also provided a conducive environment for staff and students to show their potential and contributed to national development,” he said.
The Vice-Chancellor reiterated the institution’s commitment to deliver high-level societal changes that would contribute to the development of human capital in Nigeria and the Diaspora.
Ojediran praised the graduates and urged them to imbibe good attitudes, discipline and make positive changes as well as strive to leave a positive legacy wherever they go.
Former President of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) Dr Kola Jamodu, who received an honorary doctorate (D.Sc. Honorius Causa), praised the management of the university.
He urged universities to embrace the technology to install smooth learning platforms in the country.
Jamodu, also a member of the institution’s board, said the country should engage in local mass manufacturing of products.
He said it would create job opportunities for young people.
He called on the federal government to support manufacturers by creating an enabling environment through reduced tariffs.
Jamodu is also committed to continuing to contribute to the orderly growth and development of the university.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yIx
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel