By Joshua Oladipo
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), in Osun, says eight persons have lost their lives following an accident that occurred on Gbongan-Osogbo expressway.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports the accident occurred at 1:20 a.m., on Saturday, opposite Ataoja Overhead bridge, along Abere, Osogbo-Gbongan expressway.
Ibrahim said said 36 0thers had sustained various degrees of injuries in the lone accident, in which 61 persons were involved.
“The vehicle, which was heavily loaded with Jerry cans of palm oil and over 60 passengers, was trying to ascend the ramp.
“The vehicle lost control, rolled backwards and fell by the side into the drainage, throwing off the jerry cans on passengers and killing some in the process,” she said.
She said the injured had been taken to Ladoke Akintola University Teaching (LAUTECH), and Asubiaro Hospitals, both in Osun.
The Sector Commander appealed to motorists, especially carriage and articulated vehicles, to always follow road safety regulations.
Ibrahim urged road users to avoid flouting safety rules that often endangered their lives and those of other innocent citizens.
She, however, said the command had in a swift response, also deposited the corpses in a morgue and cleared the highway to avoid gridlock. (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3zmI
- Chelsea whip Real Madrid to reach Champions League final
- Video press release: Weekly press briefing on the coronavirus epidemic
- Enugu State inaugurates board for universal health coverage
- Video Press Release: WHO Africa COVID-19 Online Briefing
- Singer Paul Okoye hits 1m subscribers on YouTube, receives gold plaque
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 5, 2021)
- Coker resumes as NTDC boss
- WAPA reiterates commitment to vulnerable women in Lagos
- Coronavirus – Daily update on the status of COVID-19 statistics in Zambia (May 5, 2021)