At least four people were killed and six others injured on Saturday morning in a suicide bombing in Baidoa, southwest Somalia.
Mohamed Ibrahim Moalimuu, spokesman for the Somali Federal Government, said in a brief statement that the incident occurred when a man carrying explosives blew himself up at a restaurant in Baidoa town, in the ‘Southwestern State.
Moalimuu said the government condemns the cowardly attack and hopes for an early recovery from these injuries.
Sadik Aden, spokesperson for the Somali National Police, said security forces have launched investigations to establish the cause of the incident.
Saturday’s incident comes amid sustained Somali military operations against al-Shabab militants in southern regions where militants are holding swathes of rural areas, ambushing and planting landmines. (Xinhua / NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yIW
- Eid-el-fitr: Yahaya Bello calls for national integration
- Eid el-Fitr; Atiku wants Nigerians reflect on peace, unity
- Osinbajo graces Museveni’s inauguration in Kampala
- Managing mental health conditions among army officers
- Infant, two others die in gas explosion in Ogun
- Uzodimma dissolves cabinet, sacks 20 commissioners
- We don’t demand money from job seekers, NDLEA warns applicants
- VC assures of infrastructure development in UNICAL
- Basketball Africa League announces broadcast partners and fixture schedule ahead of inaugural season