By Abubakar Ahmed
On Monday, three governors from the All Progressives Congress (APC) went to Zamfara to inaugurate some projects.
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that the visit came amid reports that Governor Bello Matawalle was about to get rid of the People’s Democratic Party for the CPA.
The governors, Alhaji Mai-Mala Buni of Yobe; Abubakar Badaru from Jigawa and Atiku Bagudu from Kebbi, each inaugurated houses bearing the name of their state.
NAN reports that 18 detached houses were built by Governor Matawalle to serve as housing for state governors and other officials.
Each of the houses was named after the 18 northern states.
During the commissioning of the Yobe house, Governor Mai-Mala Buni, who is also the national chairman of the APC extraordinary convention committee, congratulated Matawalle on the modernization of the state.
“I am particularly impressed with what my brother Matawalle is doing here in Zamfara despite dwindling resources and the security situation facing the state.
“This is the kind of development that we need and which also translates into dividends from democracy,” Buni noted.
He described Matawalle as a bridge builder, peacemaker, and dynamic leader who built resilient infrastructure and secured state security in a short period of time.
The governors also showed compassion to the government and the people of the state for the recent fire that destroyed part of the Tudun Wada Gusau market.
Earlier, Governor Matawalle said the construction of the houses was aimed at providing secure accommodation of international standard for government officials and prominent figures during official engagements in the state.
He added that the new homes would help reduce government spending to accommodate these visitors in hotels and rented houses.
According to him, the houses were among many infrastructure projects provided by his administration to take the state to a higher level of development. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yCV
- Police deploy 17,500 for LG Rivers election
- Russia, Ukraine hold military exercises, NATO responds
- FG reacts to location of Twitter’s African headquarters in Ghana
- German Constitutional Court drops controversial Berlin rent ceiling
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (April 14, 2021)
- Buhari saddened by killing of soldiers in Bénoué, says Magashi
- Edo 2020 release: Okowa congratulates the Delta team
- Residents of Kano and Katsina accuse manufacturers of cement price
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (April 14, 2021)