By Igbaugba Ehigimetor
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that the chairman of the local organizing committee (LOC) of the festival, Mr. Philip Shaibu, revealed this in an interview with journalists in Benin on Saturday.
He also revealed that two states, Oyo and Taraba, failed the screening because they failed to follow guidelines given to states to qualify them to participate in the country’s biggest sports festival.
Shaibu, who is the states deputy governor, said the directive must be strictly adhered to to prevent the outbreak and spread of the coronavirus during the games.
Shaibu also confirmed that two athletes tested positive for COVID-19 after the instant PCR test on arrival and were taken to the isolation center at Stella Obasanjo Hospital.
According to him: “The contingent of Oyo and Taraba is disqualified from the 20th NSF unless the presidential working group on COVID-19 gives a counter directive because the two states did not follow the COVID-19 guidelines games.
“We need to follow the guidelines so that we don’t use games as a means of spreading COVID-19 in the state, which has already been flattened.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yAp
- Eid-el-Fitr: Gbajabiamila enjoins Muslims to pray for Nigeria
- AfDB to invest $3bn in Africa’s pharmaceutical industry
- 4 arrested for alleged forgery, sabotage in Edo
- Dare visits Olympics-bound athletes in camp
- South Sudan in worst food crisis as humanitarian aid dwindles
- FG not overwhelmed by insecurity – Lai Mohammed
- Buhari approves new security measures to tackle insecurity in S/East, S/South
- Traditional ruler canvasses for removal of mining from Exclusive list
- CIBN seeks synergy for economic development