Source Credit: https://www.eurosport.com/football/serie-a/2022-2023/live-napoli-juventus_mtc1363584/live-commentary.shtml
Ogun workers suspend strike after four days
Nollywood actress, Mercy Johnson-Okojie, has opened up about a cancer scare that made her doctors place her on medication for the rest of her life.
She made the revelation while hosting veteran actress Joke Silva on her cooking show, Mercy’s Menu, published on Thursday.
The actress also revealed that she had surgery where her thyroid – a gland in the throat – was removed and she was placed on strict medication for life.
The actress narrated how she and her husband, Odi Okojie, managed the situation at that time.
Mercy said, “I’ve never discussed it where I had a cancer scare and I had my thyroid removed. It was like a journey for us. We had kids and my last was six months at that time
“We kept saying that we have to understand that, ‘this is the new us. Let’s go get the surgery done’. And when we go there, they said I was going to be on medication for the rest of my life.
“It was a reality that we had to sit down. Them giving me a time that ‘you cannot miss my medication. As you wake up, that’s the first thing’, and telling me all of the side effects.”
Silva had earlier told Okojie about how she was able to manage the dementia diagnosis of her husband, veteran actor Olu Jacobs.
According to Silva, accepting her husband’s new reality helped her to manage the situation better.
Source Credit: https://punchng.com/mercy-johnson-opens-up-about-cancer-scare-life-long-medication/
Ogun workers suspend strike after four days
The Director of Voter Education and Publicity of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Victor Aluko, has said the commission extended the Permanent Voter Cards collection deadline to counter fake news.
Aluko said this when he appeared on the Channels TV programme, Politics Today, which our correspondent monitored on Friday
He said there had been reports of staff of the electoral umpire denying some members of the public their PVCs on grounds of ethnicity, adding that such stories were not true, even as he encouraged citizens to take advantage of the deadline to collect their PVCs.
The INEC official said, “Well, what is giving us concern, is this type of fake news. This type of fake news about, you know, some people inputting ethnicity, in terms of distribution.
“You hear stories about how certain persons were not being given PVCs, maybe because of ethnicity. You have stories of how maybe some officials are collecting money.
“And all these stories are not really true, and when people hear these, of course, it erodes the trust people have in us, and so we are concerned about such negative stories, and we’re encouraging people to please ignore those stories and take advantage of this extension and collect their PVCs.”
Aluko also denied allegations that some staff of the commission were colluding with politicians to prevent some persons from collecting their PVCs, adding that any staff caught in acts of collusion would be prosecuted.
“Personally, I don’t believe so. I do not believe that anybody is colluding with anyone to prevent Nigerians from collecting their PVCs. We thank Nigerians for trusting us and believing in us. And the stand of the Commission is that any of our staff that is found to have done such a thing, would be punished, would be duly punished, and even prosecuted, because it is against the law to deny eligible persons from collecting their PVCs.
“That is obstruction, and any staff that is found to have done such a thing will be punished. I want to encourage the people; if anyone sees any staff doing such a thing, please report them, and the Commission will not sweep it under the carpet. Such a staff in any part of the country will be punished, I assure you,” he said.
Source Credit: https://punchng.com/why-inec-extended-pvc-collection-deadline-official/
All the latest Liverpool injury news is here, as Jürgen Klopp faces a headache going into the Brighton game, with Roberto Firmino adding to his woes in attack.
Liverpool’s infirmary is always occupied, no matter what time of the season. Despite many players having had the benefit of a winter break, the treatment tables are filling up rapidly.
Roberto Firmino has been out of action ever since domestic football returned, even though he was one of those not to travel to Qatar. Initially described as a minor injury, Jürgen Klopp has provided new details.
In fact, there are absentees in every position heading into the game against Brighton. With the teams separated by a point, Liverpool will be hoping Klopp can navigate a path to victory in spite of the issues.
READ MORE: Liverpool transfer news as rivals circle $43m star and Jürgen Klopp 'secret meeting' claimed
READ MORE: Jürgen Klopp has simple $18m Liverpool transfer fix that could help cure January worries
Here at Liverpool.com, we try to keep you up to date on the latest injury news after each and every game. Here’s how things are shaping up ahead of the clash against Roberto De Zerbi’s Brighton.
The Liverpool defender picked up a hamstring injury against Brentford, which was worse than initially feared. Van Dijk is likely to be out for more than a month. "It's not a short-term and I had longer-term injuries as well in my career as a manager,” Klopp told liverpoolfc.com. “So, it's somewhere in between. He will be out for a few weeks, definitely."
Firmino missed the games against Manchester City, Aston Villa, Leicester, Brentford and Wolves due to a calf injury picked up in training. Klopp has confirmed that he will also miss the Brighton game. "At the start it was a little injury, 10 days, 2 weeks, but then Bobby felt something again. He's not close to team training," said the German.
The striker has been out of training for most of the week with a minor injury, and Klopp believes that the Uruguayan could miss the game, saying in his pre-game press conference: “We are waiting for info. Not a major one but it kept him out of training, so we'll wait for that.”
If you enjoyed this piece, you'll love our latest project here at Liverpool.com — our LFC newsletter, which is sent each weekday only to people signed up for our mailing list.
Our newsletter subscribers get a rundown Monday to Friday from one of the best Liverpool FC writers — straight to your inbox, and completely for free.
Sign up to the Liverpool.com newsletter here — it only takes a few seconds!
One positive update related to Bajčetić, whom Klopp confirmed has returned to training. He got a knock to the hip bone, which the manager described as 'quite uncomfortable', but he should be available against Brighton.
The Colombian winger had been set to return to action for Liverpool in the Dubai winter camp, but suffered a major setback when he pulled up during training. Díaz is believed to be out of action until early spring.
The Portugal international has been out with a calf injury, and assistant coach Pep Lijnders stated that Jota is ‘inside the timeframe’ for a return to playing football, which is slated for February, should everything go well. In the meantime, he has turned to FIFA 23, winning two games at the recent FIFA Global Series.
Source Credit: https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-injury-news-brighton-firmino-25969983
News Corp is a network of leading companies in the worlds of diversified media, news, education, and information services.
Thiago Silva’s wife has a unique solution to Chelsea’s current struggles, which unsurprisingly involves her husband.
The Blues were left with one win and seven defeats in their last nine games as they fell 2-1 to Fulham at Craven Cottage, putting the club straight into crisis mode.
Goals from former Chelsea winger Willian and the rarely seen ex-Tottenham man Carlos Vinicius came either side of a Kalidou Koulibaly effort for Fulham’s first win in the west London clash since 2006.
The real headline, though, was a red card for pricy loan signing Joao Felix on his debut, putting Graham Potter’s side in all sorts of trouble.
But Belle Silva, has one wish for the under pressure manager.
“If there was a Thiago Silva in attack and one in midfield, with what we already have in defence…” she Tweeted.
She also earlier posted “Oh my God!!!!!” as it looked like Chelsea were set for a third loss on the bounce, while offering some more advice in the previous days.
Following a humbling 4-0 FA Cup defeat against Manchester City, Belle wrote: “I just think that going back or looking for solutions when you take a hasty and totally wrong attitude is not wrong. #goblues”
It’s not the first time Mrs Silva has gone viral for social media posts, with the Brazilian a huge and passionate supporter of her star husband.
She recently told fans not to come to Stamford Bridge if they’re not going to sing in support of the team, and previously won over fans with a cheeky dig at rivals Tottenham.
Keep up to date with all the latest news, rumours and gossip with our LIVE transfer blog
Source Credit: https://talksport.com/football/1301633/thiago-silva-wife-twitter-chelsea-premier-league/
Chelsea are now closer to Southampton, who sit bottom of the Premier League, than table-topper and London rivals Arsenal following the Blues' defeat to Fulham
Thiago Silva's wife, Belle Silva, has launched an implicit attack on the Chelsea squad following the 1-0 defeat to Fulham. Despite the Blues' poor performances of late, the veteran defender has continued to show his class at the heart of Graham Potter's backline.
He's featured 16 times for the west Londoners in the Premier League this season and has remained an integral feature in the side, leading by example on and off the pitch. Worryingly for Chelsea, Silva sees his contract at Stamford Bridge expire at the end of the season and the club are yet to identify an obvious heir to his throne.
Despite the Brazil international's best efforts, the Blues have struggled to keep the ball out of their own net, with self-inflicted mistakes often at the root of the problem. And, after two individual mistakes by Chelsea players handed Fulham three points on a silver platter at Craven Cottahe, Belle Silva has seemingly hit out at her husband's teammates.
READ MORE: Chelsea alerted by Dortmund in Youssoufa Moukoko transfer after Newcastle hijack 'ultimate' deal
Taking to Twitter to vent her frustrations, Belle suggested that Potter needs a Thiago Silva in every position in order for the Blues to transform their form. With a blue heart and crying face emoji, she tweeted: "If there was a @tsilva3 in attack and one in midfield, with what we already have in defense..."
Speaking to the press after the game, Potter addressed his frustrations with Chelsea's result. The 47-year-old said: "It's really frustrating and incredibly challenging.
"I feel for the supporters. We're disappointed to lose tonight. I thought it was a relatively even game in the first half and we had a couple of good chances.
"I think the basics we can do better in terms of our defending and some of our football actions. But at the same time, we get back in the game and then the red card...it's where we're at at the moment in terms of things that can happen to us.
"We lost Denis [Zakaria] beforehand as well and were just adjusting with Jorginho and then Joao – who was having a fantastic impact on the game and you could see his quality – to lose him and to lose him for three matches is really disappointing."
Then, Potter was quizzed on what was more frustrating; the defensive mistakes or Joao Felix's red card in the 57th minutes. He replied: "All of them will be learning moments.
"Joao is a young player, a top player, you could see the quality he brought to the game. I didn’t see any malice in the challenge at all.
"It was a little bit high of course but the referee then has a decision to make. He’ll learn from it and like I said, rather than anything fantastic from the opponent it was more our basic actions that we can do better on. That is what we have to improve."
Source Credit: https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/thiago-silva-chelsea-fulham-defeat-25967134
Chelsea vs Crystal Palace. Premier League.
2:00pm, Sunday 15th January 2023.
Sorry, this blog is currently unavailable. Please try again later.
Source Credit: https://www.skysports.com/football/chelsea-vs-crystal-palace/live/464828
Dortmund striker Sebastien Haller took less than 10 minutes to bag a hat-trick in a friendly against FC Basel on Friday on his return.
WHAT HAPPENED? Dortmund ran out 6-0 winners against FC Basel in a friendly on Friday, with Haller stealing the show after scoring a hat-trick in less than 10 minutes. The striker is back in action after successful treatment for testicular cancer and has been enjoying himself out on the pitch for the Bundesliga side.
THE BIGGER PICTURE: Haller has yet to feature competitively for Dortmund since he was diagnosed with cancer in pre-season after moving from Ajax. The striker will be hoping he can make his first appearance for his new club in the Bundesliga when the German top flight returns later this month.
STORY IN A PHOTO: Haller celebrates scoring against FC Basel.
WHAT NEXT FOR HALLER & DORTMUND? Dortmund return to Bundesliga action after the winter break on January 22 as they host Augsburg. The game may provide Haller the platfrom to make his debut after recovering from cancer.
By Max Mathews For Mailonline
Published: 12:40 EST, 13 January 2023 | Updated: 14:20 EST, 13 January 2023
Youssoufa Moukoko is poised to extend his stay at Borussia Dortmund, according to reports in Germany.
The teenage striker's contract with the German giants was due to expire this summer, leaving European giants like Chelsea and Barcelona, plus Newcastle, on red alert.
But Sky Sports Germany are reporting there have been positive talks between the player and club, with agreement very likely on a new four-year contract.
Youssoufa Moukoko (right) is set to extend his Borussia Dortmund stay, according to reports
The 18-year-old striker's contract was set to expire this summer but it now appears the wonderkid is on the verge of signing a new four-year deal keeping him with the German giants
Sky state there was a breakthrough in negotiations between BVB and Moukoko's agent Patrick Williams at the club's current training camp in Marbella - though some details need to be finalised.
Earlier in the year, it appeared likely the 18-year-old wonderkid would leave on a free transfer after his contract ran down, with Dortmund's offer and the player's demands reportedly 'far apart'. Bild stated the German giants were £1m short of his demands.
The new deal is thought to net Moukoko around £50,000 per week in basic salary - potentially up to £85,000 per week including bonuses - plus a signing-on fee of around £8.8million.
Club chief Hans-Joachim Watzke said on Wednesday: 'Of course we hope that he will stay with us.'
The news will come as a massive boost to Dortmund manager Edin Terzic (pictured, right)
Two-cap international Moukoko has six goals in 14 Bundesliga appearances this campaign
The German has six goals in 14 Bundesliga appearances this season and is widely considered to be one of the most promising prospects in world football.
In December, responding to reports he was holding up contract talks with Dortmund, Moukoko tweeted: 'Please don't believe everything that's been written in the papers. I won't let myself be pressured into a decision about my future. I will never accept such a lie about me.
'My full focus is on the second half of the season with Borussia Dortmund. No player is bigger than the club and I will never be bigger than the club, just a small part of it. It's really sad that something like that is invented just to paint you fans a wrong picture about me. I am really shocked by this story.'
On Thursday, he was reportedly caught up in an age fraud storm amid claims he is 22 and not 18, with Premier League clubs thought to be likely to back off moving for the two-cap international this summer.
Share what you think
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.
Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline?
Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual.
Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline?
Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual
We will automatically post your comment and a link to the news story to your Facebook timeline at the same time it is posted on MailOnline. To do this we will link your MailOnline account with your Facebook account. We’ll ask you to confirm this for your first post to Facebook.
Published by Associated Newspapers Ltd
Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group
Source Credit: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11632855/Borussia-Dortmund-wonderkid-Youssoufa-Moukoko-set-sign-new-four-year-contract.html
Chelsea welcome Crystal Palace to Stamford Bridge on Sunday, with the Blues looking to avoid a fourth straight defeat in all competitions.
Graham Potter's Blues are under real pressure as their slide down the Premier League continues, with Chelsea sitting on just one league victory - a 2-0 win over Bournemouth - since October 16.
They're currently three points clear of a Palace side who have played one game fewer than their hosts. The Eagles could climb level on points with a victory that is by no means as unlikely as it would have seemed a few months ago.
Here's all you need to know about this one.
Denis Zakaria became the latest occupant of Chelsea's treatment room as he appeared to tweak a muscle in the 2-1 defeat to Fulham.
The midfielder joins Edouard Mendy, Wesley Fofana, Ben Chilwell, Reece James, N'Golo Kante, Raheem Sterling, Christian Pulisic and Armando Broja on the sidelines, but Ruben Loftus-Cheek has finally returned to training to reduce the overcrowding.
New signing Joao Felix begins his three-game suspension.
Chelsea predicted lineup (3-5-2): Kepa; Koulibaly, Silva, Badiashile; Azpilicueta, Kovacic, Chukwuemeka, Mount, Cucurella; Havertz, Ziyech
Left-back Tyrick Mitchell is back from suspension and will likely return to the starting lineup at the expense of Nathaniel Clyne.
James McArthur and Nathan Ferguson are long-term absentees.
Crystal Palace predicted lineup (4-2-3-1): Guaita; Ward, Andersen, Guehi, Mitchell; Doucoure, Schlupp; Olise, Eze, Zaha; Ayew
Chelsea actually looked a little better against Fulham, but most of that was down to the now-suspended Felix, so the Blues are right back to where they were beforehand.
They're still better than Palace, but whether Chelsea will actually play that way remains to be seen. Potter's side have been largely shocking in recent weeks and there's been little evidence to suggest they'll be any better here.
Palace have been pretty abject themselves, but do have excellent, high-tempo forwards at their disposal that could cause Chelsea problems. It'll be tight but the hosts could edge the odd goal in three.
Prediction: Chelsea 2-1 Crystal Palace
Predicting the Chelsea lineup to face Crystal Palace in the Premier League.
Two of the Premier League's most exciting sides will do battle on Sunday with European football on their minds.
Previewing Fulham vs Chelsea in the Premier League, with TV & live stream details, team news, predicted lineups & score prediction.
Chelsea got back to winning ways with a 2-1 victory over London neighbours Crystal Palace at Stamford Bridge on Saturday, following back-to-back losses...
Source Credit: https://www.90min.com/posts/chelsea-vs-crystal-palace-premier-league-tv-channel-team-news-lineups-prediction-15-01-23