By Ariwodola Idowu
Police have confirmed the arrest of 10 suspects for alleged complicity in a clash between rival sects in Ikere Ekiti, in the Ikere local government area of Ekiti.
“I can confirm to you that 10 suspects were arrested in connection with the bloody clash between sects. The clash was caused by rivalry and show of force, ”he said.
The police spokesman also confirmed that six people had lost their lives in the clash, adding that their bodies had been deposited in the morgue.
“We have started serious operations there by the combined forces of Nigerian Police, Nigerian Army, Amotekun Corps and Nigerian Civil Defense and Security Corps.
“Those arrested are in our custody and when we conclude our investigations, they will be brought to justice accordingly.”
The NAN reports that the police have deployed more officers and have also stepped up surveillance of the city by carrying out stops and searches of vehicles and individuals entering and leaving the city. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yWZ
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel